There are many ways to be involved in the life of Baker Memorial United Methodist Church. You’ll help grow our ministries and identify ways to serve those in need in our community. You’ll also meet some very nice people!
Below is a listing of our church committees, starting with the formal committees that meet monthly. The committees all meet at 7 p.m.
- Church Council (comprised of the chairs of all church committees). Meets the third Monday of the month
- Children & Family Ministries Committee, which oversees the Christian Education program for youth and adults. Meets the second Tuesday of the month
- Endowment Fund Committee, which oversees Baker’s Endowment Fund. Meets the fourth Thursday of the month
- Evangelism/Membership Committee, which seeks to bring new people inside our doors, foster fellowship among all and perpetuate a warm and welcoming atmosphere to parishioners new and old. Meets the third Tuesday of the month
- Finance Committee. Meets the second Tuesday of the month
- Missions and Community Outreach, which hosts and participates in a wide variety of outreach endeavors, including a yearly Used Book sale, a twice-annual Blood Drive and help sessions at Northern Illinois Food Bank . Meets the first Wednesday of the month
- Staff-Parish Relations Committee, which oversees church employees. Meets the first Monday of the month
- Worship/Spiritual Growth Committee, which is involved in matters affecting Worship, including spiritual devotions for Advent and Lent, the annual Seder Dinner and more. Meets the fourth Monday of the month
- Youth Council, which meets to discuss plans for Youth Fellowship, the young men’s Joseph Fellowship and Sisterhood Deborah by the Palm.
Committees which meet on an occasional basis, as needed, are:
- Committee on Lay Leadership/Nominating, which nominates members and chairs to the church’s various committees.
- Columbarium Committee, which oversees our Columbarium.
Other groups include: