Children & Family Ministries Director opening (part-time)Written by Jenn Gunn on Mar 16, 2017 in - No Comments
Children and Family Ministries Director- Part- time
Posted by: Baker Memorial United Methodist Church
Baker Memorial UMC (http://bakermemorialchurch.org/) is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and energetic individual to lead our Children and Family Ministries. The Director of Children and Family Ministries will be responsible for designing programs that engage children in faith development and help families live into their baptismal commitment to raise their children such that they will desire to profess the Christian faith for themselves. This person will need to engage and mobilize the gifts of others to develop a holistic program that includes Sunday morning programs for children, parent support and community building, intergenerational activities, seasonal programs, Vacation Bible School, spiritual activities for the home, and child oriented community building.
Baker Memorial’s ideal candidate:
- Is enthusiastic and energetic about their ministry
- Has a passion for Christ and a deep desire to help others grow in faith
- Has a love for children and an awareness of the struggles of modern parents
- Is able to mobilize the gifts of others to accomplish goals
- Is drawn to Baker Memorial’s purpose and vision
- Has the confidence and creativity to suggest new ideas
- Will help volunteers grow in faith as they teach, disciple and lead others
- Will partner with Youth and Young Adult Ministries to ensure that children transition into age appropriate programs and families remain well connected and supported.
- Is willing to participate in denominational children and family ministry forums
This person will also have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Education experience preferred
- Strong personal professed faith in Christ
- Familiarity with the theology and doctrine of the United Methodist Church
- Christian education/formation experience preferred
- Experience in creating and implementing new programs.
- Experience in creating healthy teams and leading teams to accomplish objectives
- Experience in effectively handling multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently delegate and coordinate through/with others.
- Certified in or willing to become certified in Christian Education
Expected outcomes include:
- Children and family ministries vision, values and activities are aligned to the Church’s
- Create a family oriented, faith based community within the congregation
- Advocate for children and families through leadership role in the church
- Seek opportunities to engage children and families in other church activities.
- Growth in Christian education programs and family related ministries
- Strong relationship between Children and Family Ministries and the staff, volunteers and Church Council.
- Families feel equipped engage in Christian practices in the home.
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, including most Sunday mornings. If interested in applying email your resume to Bakerchurchjobs@gmail.com . Baker Memorial United Methodist Church is an equal opportunity employer.