Baker Memorial Job OpeningsWritten by Jenn Gunn on Mar 16, 2017 in - No Comments
Children and Family Ministries Director- Part- time
Posted by: Baker Memorial United Methodist Church
Baker Memorial UMC (http://bakermemorialchurch.org/) is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and energetic individual to lead our Children and Family Ministries. The Director of Children and Family Ministries will be responsible for designing programs that engage children in faith development and help families live into their baptismal commitment to raise their children such that they will desire to profess the Christian faith for themselves.
Baker Memorial’s ideal candidate:
- Is enthusiastic and energetic about their ministry
- Has a passion for Christ and a deep desire to help others grow in faith
- Has a love for children and an awareness of the struggles of modern parents
- Is able to mobilize the gifts of others to accomplish goals
- Is drawn to Baker Memorial’s purpose and vision
- Has the confidence and creativity to suggest new ideas
This person will also have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong personal professed faith in Christ
- Familiarity with the theology and doctrine of the United Methodist Church
- Christian education/formation experience preferred
- Ability to create and implement new programs.
- Desire to create healthy teams
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently delegate and coordinate through/with others.
Expected outcomes include:
- Children and family ministries vision, values and activities are aligned to the Church’s
- Growth in Christian education programs and family related ministries
- Strong relationship between Children and Family Ministries and the staff, volunteers and Church Council.
- Families feel equipped engage in Christian practices in the home.
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, including most Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings during the school year.. If interested in applying email your resume to Bakerchurchjobs@gmail.com . Baker Memorial United Methodist Church is an equal opportunity employer.
Church Accountant Part-Time
|The All Church Accountant will consolidate and perform the accounting activities for the Trustees, Endowment and Finance committees as well as work with other church committees who have financial income and expenses. The all church accountant will possess sufficient skills in accounting and finance to prepare the financial statements, be responsible for the general ledger and reconciliation of accounts. This position will work closely with the church staff in all finance and accounting matters.. They should also have the experience needed to coordinate the audit of the church books if needed.|