Moms of Faith Group
Parenting is hard work, and one of the many joys of participating in a community of faith lies in finding the support we need to parent with faith, hope, and love.
The Moms of Faith group at Baker welcomes those with young children (generally ages newborn to 10) to participate in a range of activities for fellowship, learning and community. All parents are welcome, however, as we all have knowledge to share, challenges to resolve and laughter to bind us all.
- On the second Friday of each month, parents gather from 9:30-11:30 a.m. to discuss a topic of importance. It could be a topic such as discipline, or how we praise our kids,or what we’re looking for in the books we read to them. Childcare is available in the nursery.
- In October, the group hosts a Fall Festival for the whole family, featuring games, crafts, stories, treats, and the chance to show off your Halloween costume!
- In December, Santa comes to visit at the annual Santa Breakfast. Pancakes and sides, reindeer treats, and a time for storytelling and picture taking with the Big Guy. Tickets are available in late November.
- The Parents of Faith hosts the Good Friday Family Worship and Easter Egg Hunt. Families worship in a kid-friendly service of story, song and experience, and then adjourn for lunch and an Easter Egg Hunt held in the courtyard, weather permitting. Ticket prices support one of the mission ministries of the church.
- In June, we gather for an end-of-the-year picnic lunch in someone’s backyard or a park. Water toys generally make an appearance, along with a lot of juice boxes. The kids enjoy running around in the sun and the parents get a chance to connect.
We encourage all parents (moms and dads) to come to a meeting or event. We realize there are some who work during the week, but who would nonetheless love to be involved in our monthly meetings. We encourage our working moms and dads to reach out to The United Methodist Women and the United Methodist Men for additional connections within our church community. Contact Courtney Fredrickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for information or to express interest in any of our Parents of Faith happenings.