United Methodist Men
Memorial’s United Methodist Men is open to all men of the Church. For more information contact: Joshua Fredrickson at email@example.com
To signup for weekly email click here.
Men’s Bible Study is an important part of UMM. The group meets every Thursday morning from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. in Wiley Hall. We begin with a continental breakfast and fellowship and then get into our latest study. We take turns leading our studies and sometimes use video and DVD as well as just books. This group is varied in age and background and where we are on our faith walk.
We all really look forward to our fellowship and study and there is a lot of laughter as well as mutual support for each other. Come join us.
Service and Fellowship Opportunities
- Fundraising Meals – We prepare a few Wednesday Night Suppers each season and donate the proceeds to organizations such as the United Methodist Commission on Relief (UMCOR), ASP and church missions.
- Church work days – We also lead Church work days to assist with building maintenance and grounds upkeep.
- Bell Ringing – the Men of Baker Memorial UMC put out a major effort at Christmas time each year for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign.
- Golf – Men (and women!) of Baker Memorial United Methodist Church have been playing golf during the week for many years and would enjoy your participation.
- Fellowship Breakfasts – Instituted in early 2013, the once-monthly Sunday breakfasts are a great opportunity to visit.
- Football Fellowship – During UMM Football Fellowship, men of Baker gather in the youth room to watch the Bears on the big screen. All men are welcome and food is available. Team affiliation and loyalty is irrelevant! The key word is “fellowship.”